March 15, 2021
As well as having the right type of makeup to suit your skin and help you get the look you want, you also need to have the right set of makeup brushes. With the right brushes by your side, applying makeup becomes so much easier and more convenient, but there are quite a few types of makeup brushes out there, and many people aren't sure of the exact differences between them.
Many people make the mistake of using the wrong brush for the job or trying to get by with just one or two basic brushes, and many others aren't exactly sure what makeup brushes are used for what products and tasks.
Below, you'll find some examples of common types of makeup brushes, with uses and benefits listed for each in order to help you get a better understanding of some of the most essential makeup brushes.
● Foundation Brush - Almost every makeup routine begins with a layer of foundation, which forms the base on which the rest of your products can be applied. To apply foundation evenly, with a flawless finish, you need the right foundation brush. These brushes tend to have straight but flexible bristles that allow you to apply foundation harmoniously all over the face.
● Powder Brush - If you like to use loose powders as part of your daily makeup routine, having a powder brush is absolutely crucial. These brushes tend to be quite big, soft, and fluffy to the touch, with a domed head that can help to apply the powder as evenly as possible around the face without caking or amplifying imperfections.
● Concealer Brush - Concealer is one of the most useful items in any makeup set, helping to hide little pimples or imperfections, as well as brightening up darker areas of the face. It has to be applied with care and accuracy, and a small concealer brush is just what you need. This brush looks like a foundation brush, but much narrower, with denser bristles.
● Blush Brush - If you're using blush in powder form, you have to be careful which brush you choose to apply it. You need a proper blush brush, which is quite like a standard powder brush but with a slightly smaller shape for easier application on the cheeks. Some blush brushes even come with extra features like a secondary brush or sponge on the other end.
● Eyeshadow Brush - Eyeshadow is one of the most popular makeup products due to the many ways in which you can use it, and you need a small, accurate brush to apply it evenly around the eyes and get the look you crave. An eyeshadow brush is specially designed for this task, absolutely perfect for applying shadow all the way to the tops of the eyelids.
● Brow Brush - Many makeup trends and techniques involve applying products carefully to the brows, often to make them look thicker or bolder, and a brow brush can help you achieve the effect you want. This kind of brush needs to have small, densely packed bristles to provide a natural look and may come with a spoolie brush, too.
● Body Brush - Your face isn't the only part of you that can be beautified and enhanced with makeup products, and many people like to apply concealer, bronzer, and more to other areas like the neck, shoulders, and collar bones too. A body brush is exactly what you need, with densely packed bristles that can cover large parts of the body evenly.